Al dente pasta with Cajun spiced chicken in a creamy sauce.This quick and easy recipe comes together in only 30 minutes.
This Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta is the perfect combo of spicy and creamy, delicious and comforting! You will love every single bite!
I wanted to try a simple meal packed with flavor, so I made this amazing Creamy Cajun chicken pasta, and it disappeared very quickly from our dinner table!
I made This recipe using Tortiglioni pasta, but you can use any king of pasta! Your choice!
Want to try other creamy pasta recipes? try these!
Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta
- 2 chicken breast, cut into small chunks
- 2 tsp Cajun seasoning
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cayenne powder
- 1 garlic clove, diced
- 450 g pasta
- 60 g chicken broth
- 180 g heavy/whipping cream
- 90 g Parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- fresh parsley for topping
- Parmesan cheese for topping (optional)
- Cook the pasta in a salted pot of water following the package instructions. While the pasta is cooking, cut the chicken into cubes. Place the cubed chicken in a bowl, pour the 1 tsp Cajun seasoning, cayenne powder, garlic powder and salt and pepper over top, and stir to coat the chicken.
- Add the olive oil and butter to a large deep skillet. Heat the oil and butter over medium-high until the skillet is hot. Add the seasoned chicken to the skillet and cook for 5 minutes. The chicken does not need to be cooked through at this point.
- Remove the chicken from the skillet. Set aside. Add the diced garlic to the skillet. Add the broth, heavy/whipping cream and the rest of the Cajun seasoning. Let the sauce bubble for 5 minutes. Stir in the Parmesan cheese. Then return the chicken to the skillet and continue simmering the sauce for other 5 minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked. The sauce it should be thicken by now, if not, let it bubble for a few more minutes.
- Drain the pasta. Toss the pasta with the sauce until everything is evenly combined. Sparkle with fresh parsley and Parmesan cheese (optional). Serve immediately.