Lemony, cheesy, creamy pasta with plump, juicy shrimps.
Juicy, plump shrimps in a creamy lemon Parmesan sauce with al dente pasta is the most delicious, easy dinner recipe! This recipe is a family-friendly dinner that’s ready in only 30 minutes! And then there’s shrimp and creamy sauce. They’re just meant to be, a perfect match made in the seafood haven.
I made this creamy lemon shrimp pasta with tagliatelle, but you could definitely substitute it with your favourite pasta. Linguine, spaghetti or fettuccine would be amazing too.
Looking for other creamy pasta recipes? Try these!
Creamy Lemon Shrimp Pasta
- 230 g tagliatelle, fettuccine, linguine or spaghetti
- 1 lemon zest and juice
- 450 g shrimp
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 40 g butter
- 115 g white wine
- 240 g heavy/whipping cream
- 1 tbsp rosemary
- 1 tbsp oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- 90 g Parmesan cheese, grated
- fresh parsley leaves, chopped to garnish
- Boil a large, salted pot of water for the pasta. Cook al dente following the package directions.
- Meanwhile, add the butter, lemon zest and lemon juice, minced garlic, white wine, cream, rosemary and oregano to a skillet over medium-high heat. Let the sauce bubble for 3-5 minutes. Stir in the Parmesan cheese. Continue to simmer the sauce on medium heat for 5 more minutes. Keep stirring the sauce frequently.
- The sauce should be thickened by now. If the sauce has not thicken, continue simmering it for a few more minutes. Add shrimp and continue to cook until sauce is thickened as desired and shrimp are cooked.
- Drain the pasta, then toss the pasta with the sauce. Sprinkle with fresh parsley. And serve immediately.