This creamy beef pasta recipe is incredibly simple to make, creamy and comforting!
I’m Italian and i love pasta, i eat it almost everyday! i like to try new ingredients and sauces in my pasta! like this creamy ground beef Mafalda corta pasta! it’s quick, filling and delicious! The perfect comfort food ready in only 30 minutes!Who doesn’t love a creamy pasta comfort meal? right?…and this creamy beef pasta definitely ticks all the marks.
Recipe’s Tips and Notes
- I recommend to use fusilli, shells or this beautiful Mafalda Corta!These types of pasta hold better the sauce. But if you don’t have them you can use any short pasta.
- This recipe makes a large batch so i recommend to use a deep skillet or a large saucepan.
- I wouldn’t recommend to use mozzarella cheese, because you would get a stringy mixture, instead of cheddar cheese that melts better.
Looking for other pasta recipes?
Creamy Beef Pasta
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 700 g ground beef
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp rosemary
- 1 tsp oregano
- ½ tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 500 g tomatoes sauce
- 230 g beef/chicken broth
- 450 g fusilli/shells/mafalda corta or any short pasta
- 240 g heavy/whipping cream
- 300 g cheddar cheese, grated
- fresh parsley, chopped to garnish
- In a large, deep skillet heat the olive oil. When the oil is hot, add in the diced onions and sauté for 5 minutes, until they begin to soften. Add in the ground beef and break the meat apart. Cook until no pink remains.
- Add in the garlic, rosemary, oregano, salt, black pepper and chilli powder and cook for about 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add in the tomato sauce and broth and stir until combine.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes. While sauce is simmering, cook the pasta according to the package instructions. Drain. Add the cream and the pasta to the sauce and stir to combine. Add in the cheese and stir until melted. Garnish with parsley and serve.