This Thai green curry chicken recipe features chunks of tender chicken simmered in a homemade green curry sauce served with fragrant Thai Jasmine rice.
Thai green curry is a variety of curry from Thailand using coconut milk and fresh green chillies. The curry is green in colour, spicy, aromatic, the green colour in this curry comes from the main ingredient in the green curry paste, which is fresh green chilies.
Made with an aromatic Thai green paste, tender chunks of chicken and all topped off with an extra of freshly chopped coriander and served with steaming white jasmine rice! Much better than a takeaway any night of the week!!
This Thai Green Chicken Curry is ready in just 50 minutes so it’s perfect for anyone that is looking for something quick and delicious. It’s also great if you’re cooking for a crowd, the quantities can easily be increased, and i’m sure they’ll be really impressed!!
Thai Green Curry
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp thai green curry paste
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 700 g chicken breasts, cut into chunks
- 1 lime zest
- 1 lime juice
- 400 ml coconut milk
- coriander roughly chopped
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan. Add the green curry paste and sugar and cook over a fairly high heat for about a minute. Reduce the heat slightly and stir in the chicken pieces and lime zest until entirely coated in the paste.
- Add the coconut milk, soy sauce and bring to a simmer, cooking for 30 minutes until thickened slightly. Stir in the coriander and lime juice. Leave the curry to sit for a few minutes until the sauce becomes creamier. Serve with rice.