A pizza as good as in a pizzeria! Thin, but at the same time soft and slightly crunchy on the bottom.
Pizza is one of the most loved specialities of Italian cuisine and every self-respecting Italian eats it at least once a week! Believe me! In my family every Saturday is Saturday Night Pizza!
What I propose to you today is the best homemade pizza recipe EVER! This procedure allows you to easily prepare homemade pizza with a leavening of just two hours.
Nothing beats a fresh-out-of-the-oven pizza, and once you see how easy it is to make it, you’ll never order delivery again! Add your favourites toppings to your customised pizza. Pepperoni, mushrooms, cheese, you can have it all!
- 500 g all-purpose flour
- 15 g active dried yeast
- 300 g water
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- Activate the yeast in a little bit of warm water together with the sugar for 15 minutes. Make a hole in the flour, add the yeast and the oil in the centre, then start and knead with your hands.
- Add the water a little at a time and the salt, then knead the dough until you obtain an elastic and non-sticky dough ( add more flour if still very sticky). You can use a stand mixer with a hook attachment for kneading the dough if you prefer.
- Cover with a cloth and let rise for about 2 hours, until the dough doubled in size.
- Preheat the oven to 180°.
- Divide the dough into 3 balls and flatten them into a round shape with the desired thickness on a floured surface (you use your hands or a rolling pin)
- Top with tomato sauce, mozzarella and add you favourite toppings.
- Transfer the pizzas into 3 trays of 26/28 centimetres, with parchment paper and bake them for about 18-20 minutes or until the pizza underneath is golden brown.