A simple and tasty egg pasta with a dreamy Parmesan cream sauce coating the pasta and a golden pan-fried chicken.
This is a classic recipe that deserves and needs to be in every single kitchen! This dreamy creamy pasta, It just the ultimate comfort food!
This chicken fettuccine Alfredo recipe has simple ingredients like cream, garlic, Parmesan cheese, fettuccine pasta, and a tender chicken breast. It’s a classic combination of flavors for a perfect Italian dinner that everyone will love!
WHAT IS FETTUCCINE ALFREDO?
The recipe was invented in 1914 by Alfredo, owner of a restaurant in via in Rome, with the intention of reinstating his wife, weakened by the efforts of childbirth. She liked the dish so much that she suggested her husband to put it on the menu. From that day it became the strong point of the restaurant!
HOW TO MAKE CHICKEN FETTUCCINE ALFREDO?
- Prepare the chicken: seasoned the chicken breasts with salt, pepper and garlic powder, then coat them in flour.
- Cook the chicken: pan-fry it in the oil & butter until it’s cooked through, and the chicken turned light golden.
- Make the Alfredo sauce: use the same pan you cooked the chicken in. Add the remaining butter, heavy cream, chicken broth and garlic. Stir to incorporate well the ingredients then let it thicken. Then stir in the Parmesan cheese.
- Finish it up: drain the pasta and toss it with the Alfredo sauce, top with chicken.
If you love Afredo sauce, why don’t you try these:
Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo
- 2 chicken breasts
- salt and pepper to taste
- flour to dredging
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tbsp butter
- 230 g fettuccine
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 180 g heavy cream/whipping cream
- 60 g chicken broth
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 90 g Parmesan cheese, grated
- Place a large pot of water on a medium heat, for the fettuccine. When the water is boiling add the salt and the Fettuccine. Cook it al dente and according to package directions.
- Prepare the chicken, cut the breasts in half lengthwise so you have 4 thinner cutlets. Sprinkle them with the garlic powder and salt & pepper on both sides and then coat them in flour.
- In a deep frying-pan over medium-high heat, add the olive oil and 1 tablespoon of the butter. When the pan is hot, cook the chicken for until golden and cooked through. Take the pan off the heat, and remove the chicken to a plate and set it aside. Wipe out the extra grease. Add in the remaining butter, cream, chicken broth, and garlic. Return the pan.
- When all the ingredients have been incorporated into the sauce, let it bubble until the sauce has reduced( about 5 minutes). Stir the Parmesan into the sauce. Let it cook for about a minute. The sauce should be thick enough, If at any point the sauce gets too thick, simply add a splash of the hot pasta water to it.
- Drain the fettuccine and add it to the saucepan and toss with the sauce. Top with sliced bite-size strips chicken and grate some more Parmesan on top as desired. Divide the pasta among bowls, and serve immediately.
- If your Alfredo sauce isn’t thick enough, cook it for a few more minutes. If it ends up too thick, add a splash of the hot pasta water to it.
- I do not recommend subbing the heavy cream for anything, if you use milk or other substitutes, the sauce could curdle.