These simple, flavorful chicken tacos are easy to make and filled with super juicy and delicious tender chicken.
These chicken tacos are quick, easy, healthy, flavorful! They’re everything you love about tacos! The warmed tortillas are loaded with diced marinated chicken then piled with all your favourite toppings from fresh tomatoes to vibrant lime juice to crunchy lettuce and creamy sour cream.
This recipe is a quick and easy dinner option that’s easy to customise to your tastes, especially for those nights where you just don’t know what to make! Also it’s absolutely perfect to share with a crowd!You can never go wrong with tacos! The combination of warm marinated chicken and tortillas with fresh toppings it just can’t be beat!
Easy Chicken Tacos
- 2 chicken breasts
- 18 small corn tortillas
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp hot chilli powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 4 tomatoes , diced
- shredded lettuce
- 2 red onion, diced
- 2 lime juice
- sour cream (optional)
- your favourite grated cheese (optional)
- In a large bowl, add the chicken breasts, cumin, paprika, black pepper, garlic powder and chilli powder and toss together to coat. Cover chicken and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat with the oil. Add the marinated chicken to the skillet and cook 7-8 minutes per side, until fully cooked through. Transfer chicken to cutting board and cut them in bite-sized chunks.
- In a medium bowl, add the diced tomatoes, onions and shredded lettuce. Squeeze the limes into the bowl and mix well. Warm up the corn tortillas on a hot pan and assemble the tacos with the chicken and the salad and top with grated cheese and sour cream.