Tender, spiced chicken, flavourful fresh salad, guacamole, grated cheddar cheese, sour cream and rice wrapped in a warm tortilla.
I just think burritos are the the greatest thing EVER because they’re so versatile. Chicken Burritos are one of my all-time favourite recipes because they’re insanely easy to make, while being absolutely delicious!
- 450 g chicken breasts, cut into small pieces
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tbsp hot chilli powder
- 1 tbsp oil
- 80 g long grain white rice
- 4 tomatoes cut into small pieces
- 2 red onion cut into small pieces
- 1 lime juice
- 50 g lettuce, chopped
- 5 fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- 120 g grated cheddar cheese
- 100 g sour cream
- 120 g guacamole
- hot sauce to taste (optional)
- 4 tortilla wraps warmed
- Prepare the chicken: Cut the chicken breast into small pieces and toss them with the spices, and oil. Put a frying pan over a high heat. Add the chicken and cook for 10 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Make the salad: Dice the tomatoes, peel and dice the red onion and chop the coriander. Throw it all into a small bowl. Squeeze in the lime juice and stir it all together. Peel and finely chop the the lettuce. set aside.
- Cook the rice: Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil, season with salt, then boil the rice following package instructions, until just cooked through.
- Assembling: Place the tortillas, one at a time, into a dry frying pan over a medium heat. Lay out the warm tortillas onto a square of kitchen foil and spoon a line of rice across each, just off centre. Pile a line of guacamole next to the rice, then place the chicken down the middle. Top with the salad, grated cheddar cheese, sour cream and the hot sauce (optional).
- Half fold in the left and right edges, then carefully fold the edge closest to you over the fillings and continue to wrap tightly.