These classic chocolate chunks cookies are soft and chewy in the centre garnished with chucks of dark chocolate.
I know I know, you probably think, there are so many recipes of these cookies out there, but these ones are just the simplest and the tastiest cookies ever.
I am a dedicated cookie lover and I have a very serious obsession for chocolate, so this recipe bring all my favourite things together.
Plus they are just so simple to make and I can guarantee that after only one bite of these chocolatey, gooey cookies you will become a serial chocolate cookie addict.
I m so excited to share this recipe with you because honestly it’s one of my favourite, you can make these cookies in no time and with basic ingredients. Who doesn’t love chocolate and cookies, right?
And if you don’t it is just because you didn’t try these ones yet.
The Best Chewy Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- 120 g unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 75 g light brown sugar
- 75 g caster sugar
- 1 medium egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 180 g all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 150 g dark chocolate, chopped
- ⅛ tsp salt
- preheat the over to 180C/160C Fan and line to baking sheet.
- Combine the butter and the sugars together until light and fluffy, then beat the egg with the vanilla extract, until combine. In another bowl mix the flour, baking soda and salt.
- Add in the flour mixture and the chocolate chunks.
- Cover the dough and chill in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours. Chilling is mandatory.
- Using a ice cream scoop, scoop the mixture onto the baking sheet, make sure you leave enough space between each to allow the spreading. Bake for 10-12 minutes, the cookies at this point should be firmed at the edges but soft in the centre. Leave to cool for a few minutes before eat.