Moist chocolate chip banana mini cakes, topped with delicious dark chocolate ganache and hazelnut crunch.
I really love bundt cakes. Especially when they’re MINI! So easy to make and absolutely delicious! And If you’re a Chocolate Chip fan, like myself, then you NEED to make these mini chocolate chip banana bundt cakes!.
HOW TO MAKE THESE SUPER MOIST MINI CHOCOLATE CHIP BANANA BUNDT CAKES?
In a small bowl, whisk or sift together the flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder.
In a separate bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add the eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Add the Vanilla extract and the mashed banana and mix well.
Beat in flour mixture alternately with sour cream, beating on low after each addition just until moistened. Fold in the chocolate chips. Add the cake mixture to each mold. To make this easy, you can scoop the batter into a large piping bag and and pipe it into the molds.
Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean. Remove and cool in a pan on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Remove from molds and then allow them to cool completely.
To make these beautiful mini chocolate chip banana bundt cakes you’ll need a mini bundt cakes pan, like this one, Webake Mini Ring Cake Tins 12 Cavity Non-Stick Carbon Steel Fluted Cake Mould for Kugelhopf ø7 cm.
Mini Chocolate Chip Banana Bundt Cakes
- 225 g ripe banana
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¾ tsp baking powder
- 240 g all-purpose flour
- 100 g brown sugar
- 50 g granulated sugar
- 86 g unsalted butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 130 g chocolate chips
For The Chocolate Ganache
- 20 g chocolate chips or chopped chocolate
- 43 g unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 170°C. Spray the mini bundt cakes moulds with nonstick cooking spray for baking. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt and set aside.
- In a large bowl, using a mixer, beat softened butter on medium to high speed. Add the sugars and beat until fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time. Add in vanilla. And then add the mashed banana and mix until combined.
- Beat in flour mixture alternately with sour cream, beating on low after each addition. Fold in the chocolate chips. Add the cake mixture to each mould. You can scoop the batter into a piping bag and pipe it into the moulds.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted near the centre comes out clean. Remove and cool in a pan on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Remove from moulds. Cool completely.
For The Chocolate Ganache
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan, and the transfer in a heat safe bowl. Add the chopped chocolate or chocolate chips and stir until smooth and glossy. Drizzle on cooled cakes and sprinkle tops with chopped hazelnuts (optional).