This Lemon Poppy seed Cake is a tender loaf cake that’s full of lemon flavor and poppy seeds!
The poppy seed add a little bit of crunch and they’re full of calcium and phosphorus which means they healthy too!This amazing cake It’s then covered in a tangy, sweet and light lemon cream cheese frosting.
If you’re a lemon lover, you cannot read these words without salivating a little bit! Isn’t this the perfect cake for spring?
This Lemon Poppy Seed Loaf Cake is everything you want in a spring dessert! You get a fresh and fragrant flavour from the lemon and a nutty flavour from the poppy seeds!
This lemon poppy seed cake has the perfect balance between tart and sweet!
If you’ve never had lemon poppy seed cake before, now is your time.
Lemon Poppy Seed Loaf Cake
- 265 g all-purpose flour
- 265 g granulated sugar
- 115 g unsalted butter
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp poppy seeds
- 3 medium eggs
- 2 lemon zest
- 125 ml lemon juice
- 60 ml milk
- 130 g icing sugar
- 30 ml lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 170°C. Butter a 4 x 10-inch (10 x 25 cm) loaf pan. Line the pan with parchment paper, letting it hang over two sides.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, poppy seeds and baking powder. set aside.
- In another bowl, cream the butter, sugar and zest with an electric mixer. Add the eggs and beat until smooth. Stir in the dry ingredients alternately with the lemon juice and milk. Spoon the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean. Let cool completely.
For The Lemon Glaze
- In a bowl, whisk together the icing sugar and lemon juice until smooth. Place the lemon poppy seed loaf on a serving platter and drizzle with the glaze.