A buttery graham cracker crust topped with a smooth, creamy lime cheesecake filling and garnished with fluffy whipped cream. These mini lime cheesecakes are the perfect, bite-size individual desserts.
I love these mini cheesecakes because they’re so cute and delicious! I think all desserts are much better in mini form, right? these mini cheesecakes are the perfect sized desserts to bring to summer gatherings or just eat it by yourself!
RECIPE’S TIPS AND NOTES
- Ensure that the graham crackers are finely ground.
- Line the muffin tin with cupcake liners to ensure easy removal from the pan.
- Make sure your dairy products are at room temperature before mixing with other ingredients.
- Do not over bake the cheesecake. Bake until just set and the centre have just a little jiggle. If your cheesecake cracks on the top, they’re over baked.
Mini Lime Cheesecakes
for the mini cheesecake base
- 85 g graham crackers
- 57 g unsalted butter, melted
- 13 g granulated sugar
for the mini cheesecakes
- 340 g Philadelphia, cream cheese
- 65 g greek yogurt
- 100 g granulated sugar
- 3 ½ tbsp lime juice
- 2 tsp lime zest
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 250 g whipping cream
- 1 tbsp icing sugar
for the crust
- Preheat oven to 160° C. Line a 12 cavity muffin pan with paper liners. Set aside.
- Process graham crackers in a food processor until you have fine crumbs. Place the crumbs in a medium sized bowl and add melted butter and sugar. Stir until combine. Divide the graham cracker crumbs evenly between the 12 muffin cavities and press each one until top is set and level. Bake for 7 minutes and then remove from oven to cool slightly.
for the filling
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the softened cream cheese until smooth. Add the greek yogurt and sugar and mix on medium low speed until combined.
- Add the juice, zest and vanilla and mix until fully combined. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed. Add the egg and mix until incorporated. Distribute the filling amongst the 12 cavities of the muffin pan.
- Return the pan to oven and bake for 15-18 minutes or until the tops of the cheesecakes are set. Remove the pan from the oven and allow to cool for 30 minutes at room temperature. Transfer to refrigerator to cool for 2 hours or overnight.
- Once chilled, remove each mini cheesecake from the pan and take off the paper liner.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, whisk together the whipping cream and icing sugar on high speed until soft peaks form. Transfer whipped cream to a piping bag and pipe on top of each mini cheesecake. Sprinkle with freshly grated lime zest.