This is my favorite homemade chocolate cake recipe. With a super moist, fudgy, and super light texture, topped with a rich, melt-in-your-mouth chocolate buttercream frosting.
This cake is soft with a velvety crumb,deeply flavorful and rich, This is the kind of chocolate cake everyone should have in their recipe collection!
This chocolate cake recipe is simple and easy to make, in addition to being delicious, this recipe became the base for many other flavor combinations.
I always been a chocolate cake lover but this cake opened up a whole new world for me, whenever I make this cake I cannot stop eating it! It’s just so tasty!
HOW TO MAKE MOIST CHOCOLATE CAKE WITH OIL
This chocolate cake is made with oil, instead of butter. this makes such a moist cake!
HOW TO MAKE THE CHOCOLATE CAKE?
whisk the dry ingredients in one bowl and the wet ingredients in another bowl. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients then whisk everything together, you can use a hand mixer or just a spatula. The cake batter is very thin. Divide between 3 with 8-inch. you can also make a sheet cake using a 9×13 inch cake pan.
|Prep Time||15 min|
|Bake Time||30 min|
|Total Time||1h 30min|
- 220g all-purpose flour
- 65g unsweetened natural cocoa powder
- 345g granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 116ml vegetable oil
- 3 medium eggs, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 230ml water
For the buttercream
- 700g icing sugar
- 440g unsalted butter, softened
- 82g cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 72ml whipping cream
- 1/4 salt
- Preheat oven to 170/160°C Fan. Grease three 8-inch cake pans, line with parchment paper.
- Make the cake: Whisk the flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt, together in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Using a handheld or stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment mix the oil, eggs, and vanilla together until combined. Add the water and mix until combined. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, whisk until the batter is completely combined. Batter is very thin.
- Divide batter evenly between pans. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Remove the cakes from the oven and set on a wire rack. Allow to cool completely in the pan.
- Make the buttercream:To make the buttercream, use electric beaters to cream the butter until light and fluffy. Add the icing sugar, until combined, mix in the cocoa powder. Add the whipping cream, vanilla extract and salt, and mix well until fully combined. Put a thick layer of buttercream on top of one of the cakes, then sandwich the other sponge on top. Spread another thick layer on top, then use the rest to cover the sides. Leave to set in the fridge for 20 minutes.