Soft, fluffy, and moist carrot cake cupcakes!
it’s definitely the tastiest way to eat vegetables, perfectly spiced and loaded with fresh carrots and topped off with a swirl of cream cheese frosting and crunchy chopped walnuts.
They’re soft, moist, and cheerfully fluffy, these cupcakes taste delicious!
Everyone seems to love Carrot Cake, especially my fiance, he absolutely loves them, so I make them very often, and every time I do, I remember how much I love it.
HOW TO MAKE CARROT CAKE CUPCAKES
Begin making the batter by whisking together flour, soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt in a small bowl, and set aside. In a large mixing bowl, beat sugar, eggs, and oil till thick , about 1-2 minutes. Add vanilla, and carrots and mix well. Add the dry ingredients and stir till just combined.
Fill paper lined cupcake pans half full. Bake at 180/160C fan, for 18-20 minutes. Cool completely.
you don’t want to overfill the liners. Overfilling the liners can cause the cupcakes to overflow, fill the cupcake liners about 2/3 of the way full.
|Prep Time||20 min|
|Bake Time||15 min|
|Total Time||45 min|
- 2 large eggs
- 145g carrots – One medium carrot
- 165g all-purpose flour
- 15g light brown sugar
- 150ml vegetable oil
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- finely chopped walnuts for topping
For the Cheese Frosting
- 350g icing sugar
- 215 Philadelphia/ cream cheese
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 110g unsalted butter
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 180/160°C Fan. Line a 12-cup cupcake pan with baking liners.
- Combine the flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl. Slowly add the beaten eggs and the oil to the flour mixture, stirring until just mixed. Add the grated carrots and stir.
- Scoop the batter into a muffin paper liners, filling each muffin liners about 2/3 of the way full. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Transfer the baking pan to a wire cooling rack and let the cupcakes cool.
- In the meanwhile, in a large bowl using a handheld or stand mixer fitted beat the cream cheese and butter together on high speed until smooth and creamy. Add the icing sugar, vanilla, and salt. Beat until combine. If you want the frosting a little thicker, add ore icing sugar until reach the desired thickness of the frosting.