Decadent brownie-like chocolate cookies with crackly crusts and chewy fudgy centres.
For the days when you can’t possibly be expected to decide between baking up a batch of warm chocolate cookies or a pan of rich fudgy chocolate brownies…
Why choose? Why not have both?…
These chocolate brownie cookies are the best. They have been an obsession in my house lately.
rich and fudgy and chewy on the inside, impossibly light and flaky and crinkly on the outside, sprinkled on top with the perfect little crunch of flaky sea salt, absolutely delicious!
Personally i’m a huge fan of anything that contains chocolate, but these cookies are truly so delicious and they are perfect to feed my chocolate addiction and the sea salt on top just makes me want to eat them even more!
What a perfect cookie!
Chocolate brownie Cookies
- 95 g all-purpose flour
- 55 g unsalted butter
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 15 g cocoa powder
- 100 g granulated sugar
- 90 g light brown sugar
- 2 medium eggs
- 230 g dark chocolate
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ⅛ tsp salt
- flaky salt for topping (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180°C and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Whisk together flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl. Place chopped chocolate and butter and slowly melt the chocolate, stirring occasionally until smooth. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool.
- Combine eggs, sugars, and vanilla in a large mixer bowl whisk together, beat in melted chocolate, add flour mixture and mix until combined.
- Let the cookie dough chill for 30 minutes in the fridge or on the kitchen counter.
- Remove from the fridge. Use a cookie scoop to place the cookie dough on the baking sheets. Bake for 12-13 minutes, until tops are shiny and crackly. Remove from oven and sprinkle with flaky salt. Let the cookies cool and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.