Super moist and chocolatey cupcake! these bad boys are absolute the best and delicious cupcakes! as you know i am a big chocolate fan so if you, like me, have a serious addiction for chocolate then you’ ll love this recipe! Its simply the best and it is super easy to make! These cupcakes are unbelievable moist and perfect and you can make them from simple everyday ingredients!
HOW TO MAKE THE CUPCAKE BASE?
As i mentioned before the recipe is really easy to make! Start by mixing the sugar, flour and the cocoa powder, in a mixer or whisk by hand. In a separate bowl, mix together the egg, oil, milk and vanilla extract. Combine everything until smooth and Voila, your cupcakes batter is ready!
HOW TO KEEP YOUR CUPCAKES MOIST?
If you overbake the cupcakes will result in the cupcakes been dry. Also check your over, make sure it’s not too hot.
Super Moist Chocolate Cupcakes
For The Chocolate Cupcakes
- 120 g all-purpose flour
- 200 g granulated sugar
- 45 g cocoa powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 100 ml vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 100 ml water
For the Chocolate Frosting
- 230 g unsalted butter
- 450 g icing sugar
- 40 g unsweetened cocoa powder
- 50 ml milk
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
Make The Cupcakes
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with cupcake liners. Whisk the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in a large bowl until combined. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the egg, granulated sugar, oil, and vanilla together until completely smooth. Pour half of the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Then half of the water. Gently whisk for a few seconds. Repeat with the remaining wet ingredients and water. Stir until combined; do not over mix. Pour or spoon the batter into the liners. Fill only halfway.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean. Allow to cool completely before frosting.
Make The Frosting
- With a handheld or stand mixer fitted with a paddle or whisk attachment, beat the butter on medium speed until creamy, about 2 minutes. Add the icing sugar, cocoa powder, milk, salt, and vanilla extract. Beat on low speed for 30 seconds, then increase to high speed and beat for 1 full minute. Add more icing sugar or cocoa powder if frosting is too thin or another tbsp of milk if frosting is too thick.
- Pipe on the cooled cupcakes. You can top the cupcakes with chocolate sprinkles.