Muffins are always a great treat, but when you add chocolate chips to the mix, it really takes things over the top! These chocolate chip muffins take just minutes to make.
These chocolate chip muffins are light and tender muffins, These muffins are great for breakfast or a quick grab and go snack! Everyone loves them!
HOW DO YOU MAKE CHOCOLATE CHIP MUFFINS?
First make the muffin batter by mixing together flour, sugar, baking powder, chocolate chips and salt. In a separate bowl mix together the milk, oil, butter, egg and vanilla extract. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir them until you have a smooth batter.
Pour the batter into a muffin tin and sprinkle a few chocolate chips and some coarse sugar over the tops of the muffins. Bake your muffins until golden brown, then serve and enjoy.
HOW DO YOU MAKE PERFECT DOMED MUFFIN TOPS?
They key to a perfectly domed muffin top is to blast the batter with heat when you first place it into the oven, and then let it finish baking in a slightly cooler oven. This will cause the steam in the muffins to rapidly release, making the muffin puff up rapidly and create that perfect dome. 425 degrees Fahrenheit is a great temperature to start your muffins in. After about 7 minutes, reduce the heat in the oven to 350 degrees F. Watch your muffins closely as they finish baking as ovens vary slightly so your cooking time may vary as well. Pull your muffins out as soon as they are golden brown on top.
TIPS FOR CHOCOLATE CHIP MUFFINS
Be careful not to bake the muffins for too long. The muffins are done baking when you insert a toothpick into a muffin and it comes out clean or with a few moist crumbs.
Stir the batter by gently folding it with a spoon or spatula. Do not use a whisk. Be careful not to over mix the batter, as that can produce tough muffins.
- 250g all-purpose flour
- 100 grams light brown sugar
- 50 grams granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon fine salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 60ml buttermilk, at room temperature
- 115g unsalted butter, melted
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 250g semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 160C Fan. Line a standard muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, sugars, salt, and baking powder.
- In a small bowl whisk together the buttermilk, butter, egg, and vanilla. Pour into the dry ingredients and stir with a rubber spatula until just combined. Gently stir in the chocolate chips. Divide evenly among the muffin tin cups.
- Bake for about 20 to 23 minutes. or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Serve or store in an airtight at room temperature for 3 days. Muffins can also be frozen in an airtight container for up to 3 months.